Altoona First Savings Bank is a service-oriented bank that exceeds customer expectations. As such, we are interested in highly motivated individuals eager to serve in our community-focused approach.
Please review the open positions below. If you are interested in any of the opportunities listed please download and complete our employment application. Once completed, mail or email it along with your personal resume to:
Justin Blackburn, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
Altoona First Savings Bank
203 North Logan Blvd.
Altoona, PA 16602
Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.
Small Business Underwriter
Altoona First is currently recruiting a Small Business Underwriter to join our small business lending team. We see all our employees as “difference makers” whether on the frontline or in the back office. We appreciate that each member of our team plays a direct role in partnering with our clients in taking forward steps towards achieving the client’s vision of success. If you share this difference maker focus, Altoona First may be the right place for you!
Altoona First is an independent, mutually owned, community focused savings bank. Our vision is to help our employees and clients succeed and our mission is to help bring prosperity to our community. We are headquartered in Altoona, PA and have five full-service locations in Blair and Bedford counties: Altoona, Duncansville, Martinsburg, Bedford and Everett.
This is a full time position in our Altoona, PA office and will require an average of 35 hours per week.
Altoona First is recruiting a Small Business Underwriter for our Loan Administration Department. Working with our Small Business Partners to provide efficient and exceptional service to our small business clients, you will be responsible for preparing complete small business loan documentation packages and examination of all due diligence items. You will ensure each loan complies with regulatory, legal and bank established documentation standards, procedures and policies. You will also represent the bank in an efficient and courteous manner and work with all types of commercial loan requests: including modifications and subordination requests.
Areas of focus:
· Prepare small business loan packages in an accurate and efficient manner;
· Interact with necessary personnel to ensure documentation is complete and accurate;
· Communication with third parties, i.e. appraisers, attorneys and title companies;
· Represent Altoona First in a courteous and professional manner;
· Answer questions from Small Business Partners and staff regarding documentation of loans.
· Assists co-workers as needed.
· Minimum 3 years work experience in small business lending with broad knowledge of commercial loan documentation and related compliance regulations;
· Understanding of credit administration procedures;
· Ability to operate standard office equipment and experience using Microsoft Word and Excel;
· High level of independent, problem-solving skills and ability to determine a range of possible solutions for situations requiring solutions of complex nature;
· Effective interpersonal skills and ability to act with courtesy and professionalism at all times.
Altoona First Savings Bank is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.