Altoona First Savings Bank is a service-oriented bank that exceeds customer expectations. As such, we are interested in highly motivated individuals eager to serve in our community-focused approach.
Please review the open positions below. If you are interested in any of the opportunities listed please download and complete our employment application. Once completed, mail or email it along with your personal resume to:
Justin Blackburn, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
Altoona First Savings Bank
203 North Logan Blvd.
Altoona, PA 16602
Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER
Altoona First is currently recruiting an Assistant Branch Manager to join our Altoona branch team. We see all our employees as “difference makers” whether on the frontline or in the back office. We appreciate that each member of our team plays a direct role in partnering with our clients in taking forward steps towards achieving the client’s vision of success. If you share this difference-maker focus, Altoona First may be the right place for you!
Altoona First is an independent, mutually owned, community focused savings bank. Our vision is to help our employees and clients succeed and our mission is to help bring prosperity to our community. We are headquartered in Altoona, PA and have five full-service locations in Blair and Bedford counties: Altoona, Duncansville, Martinsburg, Bedford and Everett.
We are currently accepting applications for the Assistant Branch Manager position at our Altoona, PA office. You will serve as a positive role model for bankers and work under the Branch Manager’s direction to: proactively perform and manage branch functions and duties; build and nurture professional relationships with customers and the community; promote sales and service campaigns to meet the strategic goals and objectives of the bank; process and supervise a variety of routine financial transactions, and other duties as directed by the Branch Manager.
- Deliver superior service to all customers
- Operate and balance cash drawer
- Open new accounts and complete account maintenance
- Perform opening and closing procedures, balance vault, and maintain ATM
- Resolve problems in a positive manner
- Support management in all sales and service programs
- Professionally refer customers seeking commercial loan services, real estate loans, and merchant accounts
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of products and services
- Cross-sell products or services to potential and existing customers
- Train and develop new hires and co-workers
- Practice and demonstrate leadership behaviors that meet the cultural and leadership standards of the Bank
- Manage, follow through with, and effectively apply bank rules, regulations, and all policies and procedures
- Actively participate in Bank events
- Perform Branch Manager’s duties in their absence
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College degree in related field or specialized bank training preferred
- At least two (2) years progressive retail bank experience that includes the management and application of banking including balancing, product knowledge, and customer service preferred
- Experience in sales or suggestive selling required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and complete multiple tasks
- Must be able to develop, implement, interpret, and enforce policies and procedures
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software
- Sales and service aptitude
- Detail oriented
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving ability
- Team oriented
- Computer literacy is required
Altoona First Savings Bank is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.