All of us at Altoona First Savings Bank would like to thank you for your patience and understanding as COVID-19 continues to affect us in new and significant ways. Please know that all of our decisions are being made with the best interests of our clients and employees in mind. We are committed to meeting your financial needs in any situation.
Effective close of business Thursday March 26 our offices are drive-thru only. We are frequently disinfecting our drive-thru and ATM equipment to help minimize the risk of possible exposure to you and our team. The lobby will be available only by appointment and only for specific transactions that our staff determines cannot be transacted otherwise. We encourage you to utilize our user-friendly internet banking and mobile app, and visit our Facebook page for more information.
For more information on COVID-19 please visit the CDC website at the following link:
Unfortunately in light of the Coronavirus situation, many attackers are using the current environment for their benefit. Industries across the globe are witnessing an increase in malicious cyber activity. Attackers are using a variety of means to target organizations. Attackers are attempting to capitalize on the COVID-19 crisis by preying on fear and individuals willingness to help. As always, Altoona First Savings Bank is monitoring this situation vigilantly, and suggest that you also take the following steps to protect yourself.
• Avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails and be wary of email attachments.
• Use trusted sources—such as legitimate, government websites – for up-to-date, fact-based information about COVID-19.
• Do not reveal personal or financial information in email, and do not respond to email solicitations for this information.
• Use multi-factor authentication (MFA) on your accounts where possible.
• Double-check the source of downloads on the Internet.
• Ensure your devices have the latest security updates and antivirus definitions.